Welcome to Your Mind in Bloom’s Beginning Tips. You’ve asked for this.
We are going to begin today with one of our most asked for topics: resumes.
We all need resumes, known in some circles as CVs.
Before you even begin writing your resume, sit down in a quiet spot, no social media, with a notepad/ notebook and pen or pencil.
Use one sheet of paper for every work experience you have had in the last five years, both paid and volunteer. (Yes! Volunteering does count!) (And yes! Homemaker/ stay-at-home counts! More on that later….)
Write down everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, you did. No matter how small, no matter how insignificant.
Some questions to ponder:
- What did you do?
- What did you do on a daily basis?
- What daily routines did you have?
- Any major responsibilities?
- Any minor responsibilities?
- Any successes? Improvements? Positive changes?
- Who were your customers/ clients?
- How did you help your customers/ clients?
- What specific skills did you use?
- What specific skills did you learn?
- Write a quick summary, two to three sentences, of your typical day/ shift/ experience.
Need help? Questions? : Contact us: 1 (203) 414-5176 or email: email@example.com